Building Community Voice Fund
Amplifying our voices at the polls
The Building Community Voice (BCV) Fund provides grants to 501(c)(3) organizations working to increase the political voice and representation of the Black community. If you run voter education and voter protection programs that target down-ballot and local elections, we're looking for you.
As a grantee you'll receive information and assistance to enhance clarity, coordination, and success of your mobilization efforts, including:
- Data and messaging research
- Listing of priority voting jurisdictions and local elections
- Voter data and contact tools
- Central and state-based infrastructure and assistance
- Training and strategic guidance
Foster civic engagement and voter participation in underrepresented Black communities by joining this growing network of grantees organizing to make a difference this election season.
Learn more information about what is required and included for those who apply for the Building Community Voice Fund grant program.
Building Community Voices: A Framework
Research and Education
- Leverage data analysis, research, and local insights to identify down-ballot jurisdictions and communities in need that can benefit substantially by directed, additional funding;
- Assess and fund 501(c)(3) voter registration and turnout initiatives and organizations, including complementary voter education and protection programs, operating in priority jurisdictions and communities;
Recruitment and Support
- Attract, recruit, and train able candidates committed to increased equity, opportunity, and safety in Black communities;
- Support grantees with data and messaging research, voter data and contact tools, central and state-based infrastructure and leadership, and training and strategic guidance;
Programming and Empowerment
- Allocate grant resources efficiently and help coordinate grantee operations and programs with allied progressive state and local partners, and other communities of color; and
- Empower underrepresented Black communities to build long-term political power from the ground up, through down-ballot voter registration, turnout, education, and protection efforts.