PUSHING AMERICA FORWARD
Make a gift now to help dismantle racism, fight for issues that affect the Black community, and ensure that Black lives are a priority in all spaces in 2022.
With your support, the NAACP will continue to lead the charge in:
- Fighting back against voter suppression laws and unfair redistricting.
- Fighting back against the spread of COVID-19 misinformation.
- Advocating for economic policies to assist Black entrepreneurs and workers.
- Fighting for reimagined policing.
- Holding corporations accountable.
Join the Sustainer Program, our community of dedicated, monthly givers who embrace our vision of a world where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive.
To respond to skyrocketing housing instability, we launched a pilot housing program in South Carolina, which currently faces the highest levels of potential evictions in the nation. Based out of Columbia, S.C., the program pairs volunteer housing navigators - trained NAACP members, faith leaders, social workers, and law students - with tenants facing eviction. Navigators work with tenants to access critical legal and nonlegal services, like rental assistance, and help tenants understand their legal rights and prevent eviction.
The program also links tenants who are behind on rent with a new pro bono eviction diversion clinic, staffed by local lawyers to represent those tenants in critical negotiations with their landlords. So far, more than 60 navigators and 40 pro bono lawyers have volunteered their time and expertise.
With your generosity, we're ready to develop similar programs elsewhere in the country.
- 2.2M advocates are mobilized for policy change
- 57K+ small businesses assisted through our Black-owned Business Center
- $3M+ awarded in educational scholarships and community impact grants