ELECTION DAY: NOVEMBER 2, 2021
This year, Virginians once again have the opportunity to elect statewide leadership. Your vote is incredibly important, and here's why: Black voters can…
- Elect candidates who support policies that improve Black lives;
- Elect Virginia's next Governor, Lt. Governor, and Attorney General; and
- Decide control of the all-important Virginia House of Delegates.
The NAACP is working to ensure all voters are informed about how to vote.
Your vote-by-mail ballot must be requested by October 22 at 5pm. Once you receive your ballot, complete and return it at your local elections office by 7pm on November 2. If mailing your ballot, it must be postmarked on or before Election Day. Learn more about voting by mail.
Request your absentee ballot here.
Vote early now through October 30 at 5pm.
Find your early voting location and hours of operation here.
Polls are open 6am – 7pm on Tuesday, November 2.
Find your polling location here.
Mark Your Calendar
- Deadline to apply for a ballot to be mailed to you: Friday, October 22, 2021. The request must be received by the local voter registration office by 5:00 p.m.
- Voter registration offices open Saturday, October 23, 2021 and October 30, 2021 for early voting.
- Last day of in-person early voting at local voter registration office: Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
There's even more on the line in Virginia right now, and this election is our chance to flex our collective power. Check out the following resources to prepare for Election Day.
NAACP Civic Engagement Code of Conduct for Volunteers
As a Volunteer for the NAACP Civic Engagement Volunteer Program, I affirm that:
- I understand that the Program is non-partisan, and I will not make any statements supporting or opposing any candidate for public office or any political party.
- I understand that any information I receive through my activities as a volunteer with the Program is confidential, and I will not share this information with anyone, nor will I use it for any other purpose.
- I understand and accept that courtesy and respect should be demonstrated in all contacts as a volunteer and on behalf of the Program.
- I will not harm anyone in any way, whether through harassment, physical force, verbal abuse, or any other harmful action.
- I will be participating in a "no-contact canvassing" Program, only texting and calling voters.
- I will comply with all legal requirements known to me while serving as a volunteer with the Program.