The SmileDirectClub scholarship is awarded annually to students majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
Scholarship amount: $15,000 ($3,725 per semester for 4 years)
Number of awards: 10
This is a renewable scholarship opportunity, for four years, if you maintain a 2.7 GPA or higher.
Applicants to the SmileDirectClub Scholarship must:
- Be a member of the NAACP. If you are not a member of the NAACP, join today.
- Be African American and a U.S. resident.
- Be currently enrolled full-time or accepted to an accredited college or university in the US.
- Be a graduating high school senior or undergraduate student.
- Possess a grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 system.
- Demonstrate interest in pursuing careers in STEM.
- Demonstrate need and/or merit.
Open Date: May 20, 2021
Close Date: June 18, 2021 at 6 p.m. ET. Applications received after 6:00 PM ET on the application close date will not be considered.
Review Period Closes: July 30, 2021
Award Notices: August 9, 2021
Award Disbursed: August 13, 2021- August 20, 2021
Applications are reviewed and scored by the N-SPIRE Committee, NAACP leaders who volunteer their time to read applications, review transcripts, and select recipients for approval. If selected, you will be notified through the N-SPIRE scholarship portal. Decisions of the selection committee are final and cannot be appealed.