Join Us Today
Help the young leaders of today rid the world of political, educational, and socioeconomic inequalities.Get Involved
Words are no substitute for impact and action.- Wisdom O. Cole, Interim National Director for NAACP Youth and College
National Youth Works Committee
The National Youth Works Committee is a sub-committee of the National Board of the Directors.
- Regional members of this committee shall be elected by the regions at the National Convention during the first regional meeting.
- Members' names are to be submitted during the National Convention at the next plenary session.
- Newly elected members will take office immediately following the close of the National Convention and serve a two-year term.
- Seven (7) adult members are to be elected in even-numbered years.
- Seven (7) youth members are to be elected in odd-numbered years.
- Within thirty (30) days of the election, the youth members of the National Youth Works Committee must provide to the chairman of the Board of Directors proof of age.
- A person seated as a youth member shall not serve beyond his or her twenty-fifth (25) birthday.
Duties are as follows:
- Recommend to the Board of Directors policy, advocacy, and programmatic activities pertaining to the civil rights concerns of African American and other young people
- Provide oversight of the implementation of these programs and policies
- Recommend policies to increase the advocacy capacity of the Association's youth units
- Consult with the President and CEO to recommend annual work plans and resources to effectively implement youth programs