The Agnes Jones Jackson Scholarship is one of many funding opportunities available to Black students through NAACP's Inspire Initiatives. We offer scholarships to outstanding and qualified students pursuing undergraduate degrees. Through the generosity of our donors, we advance efforts to ensure equity in educational opportunity that prepares students for success in school, work, and life.
The Agnes Jones Jackson Scholarship honors the late Agnes Jones Jackson who was a long-time NAACP member from the San Francisco branch.
Scholarship amount: $2,000
This is not a renewable scholarship opportunity.
- Be a member of the NAACP. If you are not a member of the NAACP, join today.
- Be Black or African American
- Be under the age of 25 during the time of application submission.
- Be currently enrolled full-time or accepted to an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Be a graduating high school senior, undergraduate student, or graduate student for applicable scholarships.
- Possess a grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 system.
- Demonstrate interest in pursuing a career in any field/study.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be a U.S. resident or citizen.
Applications for all scholarships have now closed.
Scholarship recipients will be announced in the Summer of 2023.
Applications are reviewed and scored by the Scholarship Committee, NAACP leaders who volunteer their time to read applications, review transcripts, and select recipients for approval. If selected, you will be notified through the Inspire scholarship portal. Decisions of the selection committee are final and cannot be appealed.