THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, to change Article V, Section 4(g) (Labor and Industry) be changes in the Constitution for College Chapters of the NAACP to read:
Employment and Economic Empowerment. The committee shall seek ways to empower youth economically by:
- encouraging the development of job readiness training and placement programs for youth and young adults.
- studying levels of unemployment and underemployment of working age youth and the causes of each.
- working for improved opportunities in vocation and apprenticeship training.
- working to eliminate discriminatory employment practices.
- studying levels of youth and young adult credit debt and creating programs to decrease debt.
- creating training programs in entrepreneurship, savings, investment, and home ownership.