WHEREAS, the NAACP endorsed the NAACP Call for Action in Education in 2001; and
WHEREAS, this document has been distributed to NAACP units and to education agencies nationwide; and
WHEREAS, there is a need to ensure that all units are adhering to the mandate.
THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the NAACP proceed with full implementation of the NAACP Call for Action in Education. This document specifically recommends and urgently seeks:
- An outline of the steps that educational agencies will take to bring more equity and equality to education;
- Accountability of resources;
- Certification and incentives to retain experienced teachers;
- Ways to increase day care and preschool programs; and
- Recruitment policies that target racial and ethnic minorities.
- Infusion throughout education curriculum of the full and correct history of African people.
BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED, that all units of the NAACP shall closely monitor the response to the NAACP Call for Action in Education.