ELECTION DAY: NOVEMBER 8, 2022
This year, we have an incredible opportunity to build Black political power at every level of the ballot. Your vote is incredibly important, and here's why: Black voters can…
- Elect candidates who support policies that improve Black lives;
- Elect US Senate and Congress members that pass laws that impact the right to vote and police accountability.
- Elect your next Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, and others who make decisions on distributing federal funds and appointing state judges.
- Elect legislators at the county, city, and municipal levels that make decisions from regular trash pickups and broken street lights to what crimes are prosecuted and the quality of education children in your community receive. You can elect your next mayor, city/county council member, sheriff, district attorney, or school board member. Don't sit these out!
Commit to POWER YOUR VOTE
Now more than ever, we must put up the biggest fight of our generation to protect the freedom and power to vote. Voter mobilization is key to ensuring we get the access and equity we deserve.
- Vote your entire ballot in 2022
- Volunteer to register and mobilize voters in your community. We're here to help!
- Make a donation toward the fight for voting rights.
Depending on your state, you may be required to register to vote before a certain time period before an election.
Verify that you're ready to vote once you arrive at your polling location.
Donate toward the fight to ensure a true and fair democracy for all in your community.
PROTECTING OUR VOTING RIGHTS
More than a century after the right to vote was declared fundamental, that right is under attack. Efforts to make it harder for racial minorities to participate in the political process are proliferating across the country state by state- and we're fighting those efforts in court.
BEFORE YOU VOTE
The NAACP is working to ensure all voters are informed about how to vote. Want to know more about election rules in your state? Visit vote.org and click on your state for more information.
Continue to Protect Democracy
NAACP, with the help of volunteers and partners, works to make sure Black voters are engaged and encouraged to vote in every election.Learn more
Our power lies within our vote, and we become even greater when we put our collective power together at the polls.- Derrick Johnson, President and CEO
Find ways to honor Dr. King and his commitment to civil rights through actions of your own that will help make his dream a reality.
and text "POWER" to 20707