Atlantic City, New Jersey - Thousands are expected to gather in Atlantic City to commemorate the NAACP's 113th National Convention from July 14-20, 2022. With the theme #ThisIsPower, the nation's most prominent advocacy and social justice organization will bring together elected officials, activists, organizers, faith leaders, and entertainers for workshops and discussions to promote solutions to some of the most pressing issues facing Black communities today, including voter suppression, student debt, police brutality and reproductive rights.
Major speakers at this year's Convention will include:
- Rep. James E. Clyburn, Majority Whip, U.S. House of Representatives
- Senator Cory Booker, U.S. Senate (NJ)
- Rep. Ro Khanna, U.S. House of Representatives (CA)
- Marcia Fudge, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
- Marty Walsh, Secretary of Labor
- Kristen Clarke, Assistant Attorney General, Civil Rights Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Maya Wiley, President & CEO, The Leadership Council on Civil & Human Rights
- Ray Curry, President of United Auto Workers
- Nile Evans, Executive Producer and Showrunner of MTV's Wild 'N Out
- Tishawn Smikle, Producer of MTV's Wild 'N Out
Interested press should register at this link.
For more information about the 2022 NAACP National Convention, including a schedule of events and registration details, visit naacp.org/convention.