2019 NAACP Resolutions
Each year during the Annual Convention, members participate in a legislative session to establish policies and programs NAACP will pursue during the upcoming year.
The 2019 resolutions discussed at the 110th National Convention include actions that further the Association's work in criminal justice, civil and voting rights, health and housing, education, economic development, environmental and international affairs, legislation and political action, and labor.
The 58 resolutions considered and approved include:
- Expanding the Electorate by Giving Youth a Voice in their Future
- Supports and Aggressive Plan to Increase Pell Grants and Other Programs to Help People Afford a Secondary Education
- Stemming the Tide of Chronic Kidney Disease in the African American Community
- Discriminatory Medial Practices Lead to High Maternal Death Rates Among African American Women
- Opposing Arming School Staff as Part of a School's Student Safety and Protection Plan
- Ending Murders of Violence Against Black Transgender Women and Supporting Transgender Communities
Read the 2019 Resolutions for the full, detailed list of resolutions.