Each year during the Annual Convention, members participate in a legislative session to establish policies and programs NAACP will pursue during the upcoming year.
The 2020 resolutions discussed at the 111th National Convention include actions that further the Association's work in civil and voting rights, health and housing, education, economic development, environmental and international affairs, legislation and political action, and labor.
The 36 resolutions considered and approved include:
- Racial, Economic, and Health Equity or COVID-19 Response
- Support for Reforms that Achieve Voting Rights for All During the Coronavirus Pandemic and Beyond
- Reduce Mental Health Disparities in the African American/Black Community
- Curing the Epidemic of Black Youth Suicides
- Ditch the College Debt: Post-Secondary Education and Financial Stability
Read the 2020 Resolutions for the full, detailed list of resolutions.