The federal eviction moratorium that protected renters during the COVID-19 pandemic ended July 31, putting millions of tenants - a disproportionate number of whom are Black - at risk for eviction.
There are significant forms of assistance that NAACP state conferences, units, and members can provide to those in need. The first step is to know your rights.
This toolkit includes:
- A letter from the U.S. Department of Justice and Vanita Gupta seeking to provide helpful assistance
- Links to the U.S. Treasury Department index to locate financial assistance for those in need of housing or housing-related assistance
- A list of legal services corporations who may be able to provide guidance to attorneys or tenants
- Frequently asked questions
- A copy of a complaint form
- Fair housing principles
- 2021 Housing Toolkit