While practicing social distancing to keep members safe and healthy, youth and college units can hold elections virtually to ensure compliance with the NAACP Constitution and bylaws and effective transition of unit leadership.
● Units elections can be held virtually using the Zoom platform. If your unit is in need of a Zoom account, please contact your respective National Field Organizer a week prior to the date & time of your election so zoom access can be arranged/ credentials.
● Unit members in good standing will be notified 7 days prior to the virtual election. (i.e. nomination committee & candidate election)
● Candidates must follow the same guidelines for nominations as outlined in the election manual.
● Once a candidate's eligibility has been verified via salesforce/roster and they have completed the candidate consent form, they will be placed on the official ballot which must be sent out with the meeting notification via the nomination committee.
● All members in good standing are eligible to participate in the unit elections and must receive all email notifications and the official ballot.
● An email with meeting notification and ballot must consist of registration to the virtual election. ALL registrants must be verified ahead of the election to ensure they are current members of the unit.
● Voting will be done via an anonymous poll. Additional information about setting up zoom polls can be found at Zoom Support.
● Minutes and official election results must be submitted to the National Office and respective state conference no later than 14 days following the election.
● Once unit elections are complete, the unit must complete the new officer update form to collect the most up to date contact information for unit leadership.
● Unit elections should be completed no later than April 15, 2021. This means at the latest the last day to start your election process is March 25, 2021. If you are unable to complete a unit election by this deadline, please contact your National Field Organizer.