The National Board of Directors is a dynamic group of activists and philanthropists from around the U.S. They represent the Association's seven regions, youth councils, high school chapters, and college chapters.
- Establishes all major administrative and other policies governing the affairs of the Association.
- Designates and/or elects all officers of the Association, including the Chair of the Board of Directors, a Treasurer, an Assistant Treasurer, a Secretary who also serves as General Counsel of the Association, a President and Chief Executive Officer, and an Assistant Secretary.
- Owns, manages, of property, both real and personal, stock, otherwise, in the name of the Association.
- Creates regions, divisions, departments, bureaus, and standing committees as needed to carry out the objectives of the Association.
- Sets membership fees and categories of membership.
- Hosts an annual convention and an annual meeting of the Board of Directors.