The National Board of Directors is a dynamic group of activists and philanthropists from around the U.S. They represent the Association's seven regions, youth councils, high school chapters, and college chapters.
- Establishes all major administrative and other policies governing the affairs of the Association.
- Designates and/or elects all officers of the Association, including the Chair of the Board of Directors, a Treasurer, an Assistant Treasurer, a Secretary who also serves as General Counsel of the Association, a President and Chief Executive Officer, and an Assistant Secretary.
- Owns, manages, of property, both real and personal, stock, otherwise, in the name of the Association.
- Creates regions, divisions, departments, bureaus, and standing committees as needed to carry out the objectives of the Association.
- Sets membership fees and categories of membership.
- Hosts an annual convention and an annual meeting of the Board of Directors.
Honoring a Legend
Bishop William H. Graves, Sr., a trailblazer for justice and equality, was a member of the NAACP National Board of Directors for 27 years. Join us in honoring this longtime activist and advisor to The Crisis magazine by becoming a member today.Become a Member
Things don't just happen, you have to make them happen.- Bishop William H. Graves, Sr.